Emergency Dentist In Westchester
As much as we hope to avoid dental emergencies, they can happen to anyone at any time. A dental emergency can be a stressful and scary experience, but it’s important to know that you don’t have to go through it alone. At Westchester Smile Design, we are here to help you when you need us the most. Here’s what you need to know about emergency dentistry.
What is a Dental Emergency?
A dental emergency is any situation that requires immediate attention from a dentist. Common dental emergencies include:
- Severe toothache
- Broken or chipped tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Loose or missing filling or crown
- Abscessed tooth
- Injury to the mouth or jaw
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek emergency dental care right away.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, it’s important to remain calm and take the appropriate steps to minimize the damage until you can see a dentist. Here are some tips to follow in different emergency situations:
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth with warm water and gently floss around the affected tooth to remove any food particles that may be causing the pain. If the pain persists, call us to schedule an emergency appointment.
- Broken or chipped tooth: Rinse your mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling. Save any broken pieces of the tooth and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Knocked-out tooth: Hold the tooth by the crown (top part) and rinse it gently with water. If possible, try to reinsert the tooth into the socket and hold it in place with a clean cloth or tissue. If this isn’t possible, place the tooth in a container of milk or saltwater and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Loose or missing filling or crown: Rinse your mouth with warm water and try to place the filling or crown back in place using dental cement or toothpaste. If this isn’t possible, call us to schedule an emergency appointment.
- Abscessed tooth: Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater to relieve pain and reduce swelling. Call us immediately to schedule an emergency appointment.
- Injury to the mouth or jaw: Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling and pain. If you are experiencing severe bleeding, head to the nearest emergency room.
Emergency Dental Care at Westchester Smile Design
At Westchester Smile Design, we understand the urgency of dental emergencies and offer same-day emergency appointments to our patients. Our team of experienced dentists will provide prompt and compassionate care to alleviate your pain and restore your smile.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, don’t wait to seek care. Contact us right away to schedule an emergency appointment. We are here to help you when you need us the most.
Don’t let a dental emergency take you by surprise. Keep our number on hand and call us right away if you experience any dental emergencies. We are always here to provide prompt and compassionate care to our patients.